Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of--throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.

C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Who Do I Think I Am?


Posted by Picasa

I am a daughter of God, wife to a warrior poet, mother to four incredible sons and three delightful daughters. I am a woman who loves... The Lord. My ancestors, especially the colorful ones, they remind me to hope and never give up. To snuggle. To dance. To write. To read. To laugh. To eat. To sing (off key). To play in the dirt with seeds and flowers. To watch my chickens. To hike. To run. Bluegrass music. My grandma's southern accent and her southern cooking. My babies, all seven of them. My husband. To curl up with a Greek lexicon on a rainy day. A great movie. Chocolate. The mountains. A great smile. The smell of rain. Animals.


I am a woman who tries to remember to greet every day with a prayer in her heart and great, comfortable shoes on her feet. I am a woman who doesn't smile enough; my children are helping me learn.

Posted by Picasa

I am a woman who fears. I am a woman who hopes. I am a woman who loves to talk and I also love to listen. I am a woman who is broad; in foot, in hip, in mind and in imagination. I am a woman who loves to eat, but not to cook.


I am a sister, who was raised as an only child. I am a daughter, who still longs to be mothered. I am a friend, who feels lonely sometimes. I appreciate a beautiful quilt...I've even made a few. I love playing dress up...when I made princess capes, I made one for myself!


I have many flaws, but I am learning to be gentle with myself. I am a woman who strives to follow God...my rebellious streak gets a mite smaller every day...well, most days :) I am a woman like most...I have beauty, talent, vision and potential that can rock the world...as long as I remember who I am.


So, who do you think you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment